Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Crime series does pay... huge emotional dividends

This was released today...



$200

...

I'm not going to buy it.

I already have season 2 to 5 as box sets.

No, seriously- I'm not, no way- forget it! That would just be, well... "Spendthrift."




God! It's lovely though isn't it? All those shiny discs; 23 in total.
It also has three previously unreleased prequel episodes made especially for the box set.

Come to think of it, you'll probably get the prequel episodes on 'Youtube'

I'll just check...

...

Just a sec.

...

Well yeah, you can and they are only one to two minutes apiece. Not exactly a selling point is it?






That "When Bunk met McNulty" one is great though!

Funny!

Yes indeed.... funny stuff-

...

I could sell the the four individual box sets, but even if I do - I can only sell them for about twenty bucks apiece. On top of that the average punter would probably want all five series. Anyway I hate selling things cheap like that -feels like somebody else is getting a bargain at my expense.

Bastards...

You know, that's a good point: I don't have season one! So that right there could be reason enough...

Right?

On top of that there is apparently quite a few extras: Various documentaries,commentaries and those prequel episodes(that you could argue, I have already seen, but... not with the best quality of picture -so, yeah - still a good enough reason to purchase!)

And hey...

Son doesn't really need that PSP anyway.

...

7 comments:

joe ackerman said...

you know, I've never seen it. always seemed to be somewhere else whenever it was on. same thing with LOST, and PRISON BREAK, and 24, and THE SOPRANOS, although I always seemed to manage being in whenever OZ or HEROES ( 1st season ) was on. hm.

maybe one day. . .

Ugly Angie said...

I love The Wire...I don't know what it is about that show...Now that the show is over, I find that I miss some of the characters...miss hearing that theme music too....

Michael Reid said...

Never seen The Wire either!
Definately missed something there but would like to investigate after hearing so many folk going on about it!

Scaramanga said...

Christmas my good man. Get it for FREE! :)

Then sell the others 20 bucks a pop is better than nowt.

Myself I really want this.

http://www.amazon.com/Land-Giants-Full-Giant-Collection/dp/B000P5FH2Q

It may be cheesy but at least its classic cheese. Just the best.

Charles

Colin Lorimer said...

Joe, Michael- you won't be disappointed ...

Well worth checking out.

I still haven't got around to Heroes, although from what I hear the first season is the only one worth watching- as apparently it went seriously downhill afterwards. The idiot comments I read recently from Tim Kring in regards to his fanbase have also lessened my interest somewhat! OZ was great.

Yeah Angie, the theme tune was perfect for the show wasn't it? Tom Waits- "Down In The Hole"
Loved the way they did various interpretations of the song with each season, too.

I was in HMV today Scaramanga and picked up the first box set of The Wire for $40 bucks. To be honest there isn't too many extras on the box set- and that '3 Prequel episodes' as you can see from the blog is just a complete joke.

The Sopranos box set may be a more worthwhile choice....

...

Anonymous said...

I found something for you.

"The children never forgave me. Oedipus only killed his father & married his mother, but I sold their Nintendo" ~ Sue Arnold

You be safe :)

Colin Lorimer said...

Thanks Fluff-