Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mary and Max



As Mary and Max chronicles Mary’s trip from adolescence to adulthood, and Max’s passage from middle to old age, it explores a bond that survives much more than the average friendship’s ups-and-downs. Like Elliot and Coombs’ Oscar winning animated short “Harvie Krumpet”, “Mary and Max” is both hilarious and poignant as it takes us on a journey that explores friendship, autism, taxidermy, psychiatry, alcoholism, where babies come from, obesity, kleptomania, sexual differences, trust, copulating dogs, religious differences, agoraphobia and many more of life’s surprises

I have just sat through this little master-piece and believe me when I say that it is one of the best animated features I have ever seen. In fact, I go as far as to say it is one of the best movies I have seen this year, animated or otherwise.

Highly recommended!

1 comment:

rich said...

ah!! i had no idea this was out already!!! I am going tonight!! wooohoo