Thursday, March 31, 2011

Japan

It would be really remiss of me not to share this one with you. The artist is Yumiko Sasakawa(her full email below):



Hi Friends!

I am raising funds for Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami relief and was needing some friend-power to help me along.

I drew a picture for Japan and have been getting requests for prints, and it has now turned into a fundraising effort. The Financial Literacy Counsel Inc (flci.ca) has so kindly donated me funds to pay for my printing costs so that 100% of all donations can go towards the Red Cross.
I was hoping you could share my print and pass along the info to your friends and family, via word of mouth or social media.
---------------


Nippon Makeruna! (Japan, Don't Give Up!) print
8.5 x 7.5" digital print, 12 pt cardstock, coated on one side, packaged in a plastic sleeve
$10 minimum donation
100% of all donations will go to the Red Cross

People can purchase through my Etsy store at www.helloyumiko.etsy.com
or email me directly at helloyumiko@gmail.com

-----------------
If you or your group of friends are interested in a print, and would like to meet up with me to save on shipping fees, or you would like a batch of prints to sell amongst your friends, please let me know and we can work something out too :)

Thanks so much for your help and care for Japan!
Yumiko

ps: I will be at this event tomorrow, selling prints, if you are interested: http://bc-jerf.ca/friends-across-the-pacific

2 comments:

yums said...

I don't think we've met before, but thank you kindly for sharing my print and letting people know about my fundraising for Japan. It is very much appreciated :)
- Yumiko

Colin Lorimer said...

A good friend of yours passed your email on to me. Hope you get a few more hits for your fundraising...