Sunday, November 27, 2011

John Higgins draws UXB


Feast your eyes on UXB as depicted by John Higgins (Razorjack, Judge Dredd, Hellblazer, Watchman)



A long time ago in a-- oh wait, that's Star Wars...

The first time I laid my eyes on John's work would have been in the Battlestar Galactica Grandreams annual of 1978; of course I had no idea who he was at that point....that wouldn't be until a few years later when he started to work for 2000AD.

Since then he has worked on numerous titles for various publishers. Two standouts for me personally would be his work on Hellblazer and the Garth Ennis penned War Story "D-Day Dodgers"

I could never have imagined that that same artist, almost 34 years later - would be drawing a pin-up of a few of my characters and I just can't thank him enough for agreeing to do it...

Top artist. Top bloke...

Thanks John!

...

Come to think of it has 2000Ad ever republished Freaks!?



1 comment:

joe ackerman said...

heh heh. you jammy fucker.